me with more 40oz sightings in the media or if you can hook me up with any of these props!
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood is a Wayans Bros comedy released in 1996 which pokes fun at movies like Menace II Society, South Central, Juice, and Boyz N' Tha Hood. DBAMTSCWDYJITH featured 2 40s throughout the entire movie, St. Dies and Menace Ice, which parody St. Ides & Olde English 800, respectively.
Rocket Fuel is one of several malt liquor parodies with
a Saturday Night Live connection. This time it is Phil Hartman's
character of Bill McNeil on the TV show News Radio doing radio spots
for his sponser. McNeil's co-worker challenges his claim that he uses
every product he sponsers, and this of course leads to him seeing
(and trying to drink) a 40 for the first time. One problem though, he
drinks the stuff with a cup. Here's some quotes (thanks to Kevlar281):
"Wuzzup y'all! Bill McNeal saying there's a party all up in here and you need to get with the flow... Oh yeah!!! Rocketfuel Malt Liquor's got the heavy weight power when you got tha eods to rip it up to some fat bootie beast... or just chill with the honies... so get on the rocket and see the stars... Rocketfuel Malt Liquor... DAMN!!!"
"Wuzzup y'all! Bill McNeal rockin' the mic again cold representin' Rocketfuel Malt Liquor. It's got the mad flavor that takes any situation to the next level... so when the party starts bouncin' and the ladies start bumpin', tighten up your flow with Rocketfuel! Rocketfuel Malt Liquor... DAMN!!!"
"Gazziza Dilznoofus it's Bill McNeal saying get with the crezappy taste of Rocketfuel Malt Liquor... Rocketfuel's got tha upstate prison flavor that keeps you ugly all night long. So when you wanna get sick remember, nothing makes yo' feet stank like Rocketfuel Malt Liquor... DAMN! It's crezappy!!!"
Click here to hear 1 of the parody ads
Sublime 40oz was released to promote Sublime's "40oz. to Freedom" album.
Da Bomb malt liquor is featured in Spike Lee's movie Bamboozled. The bottle is shaped like an old-fashioned bomb, with fins & all! It's actually made out of a 2 liter soda bottle. And they advertise it as being the black viagra! Bomb can also be seen in the movies Clockers & Inside Man!
41-Ounce Bottle was an idea presented in Maxim magazine (July 2001, issue 43, page 102) as a future product idea, by Chris Connolly of New York, NY. He says, "Who but a crackhead would buy a 40 when they could buy a 41? With this phat new packaging, you can pour out an ounce for you homies and still have a full 40 of refreshing malty goodness for your own bad self."
Job Malt Liquor was featured in one episode of the Wayans Bros tv show. Marlon is hired on as a tv spokesman for JOB Malt liquor. The commercials he is in feature him and a bunch of people on a stoop in the ghetto askin' each other if they got a job. Then they all bust out with a 40 called JOB Malt liquor sayin' "YOU GOTTA GET YO'SELF A JOB" (or something like that).
St. Ives, an obvious parody of St. Ides, is 1 of several 40s that appear in the movie Menace II Society. There are also imitations of Colt 45, Olde English, & Coors Light within the movie... possibly 1 or 2 more as well, but you can't see enough of the labels to tell for sure.
To see other 40oz images from the movie click here:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Long Leak Malt Liquor was yet another Saturday Night Live gag. Chris Rock pitched it on the show from the projects called, "I'm Chillin'". The slogan for Long Leak Malt Liquor is, "Yo, don't drink the whole thing."
TAP aka "Take A Piss" malt liquor, brought to my attention by John Meehan, was a 90oz (and/or a 40) swilled in the movie CB4 starring Chris Rock!
Alamo 40oz originated in the cartoon King of the Hill (Twas the Nut Before Christmas - Episode KH508 - Original Airdate: 12/17/00). There's a Christmas party with a cooler outside & someone offers Bobby & his friends a 40 of Alamo for $1.00. They all split it and get drunk, and Bill's "son" tells all the friends to jump inside one of those inflatable play areas and they all get sick.
In the movie Undercover Brother Billy Dee Williams plays a colonel that does a commercial for a ripoff of Kentucky Fried Chicken and when you buy a bucket of chicken you get a free bottle of malt liquor. He says that its a 32oz but its obvious that its a 40. They call it the Nappy Meal!
There is a 1-800-CALL-ATT commercial starring Carrot Top that takes place in a wild west saloon. He does his whole "dial down the middle" routine, but behind the bar the shelves are lined with big "liquor" bottles. At the end of the commercial you can see that they're not really liquor bottles, but rather they are small mouth BLUE 40s with labels on them that have the 1-800-CALL-ATT logo on them! I can't tell if they are actually clear bottles filled with blue liquid or if they're actually blue glass...
The hip-hop group Youngbloodz debut music video "U-Waaaay" featured a Dirty South football game complete with a halftime for a 40 ounce sports drink. Their motto: "Get slizzard with it!".
Elemental Magazine, issue #50, there is a 6 page article devoted to me & my 40s. However, there is also an advertisement by 7 Heads, Room Service, & Uncle Junior congratulating Elemental Magazine on their 50th issue. And in the ad they have parody 40s with each company's logo on the label, click here for a shot of the entire ad!
On Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, on Comedy Central, they did a skit with 2 guys drinking St. Ice 40s out of glasses.
Mission Hill, which is part of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, has an episode where Andy French drinks a 40! In episode #9 'Theory of the Leisure Ass', Andy is out of work and sits around all day swillin' 'Maestro Malt Liquor' 40s and eating chips! Here are some more pics: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
On Bikini Bandits (episode 5) there's a gaurd that waves to the bandits in their car whilst holding a 40 of what looks to be called Pimp Daddy.
On an episode of Saturday Night Live they did a parody for A.M. Ale.
On Fox's Family Guy Peter & his friends can often be seen drinking 40s of Pawtucket Patriot beer. The 40 has also been shown on American Dad as well!
Saturday Night Live had another classic malt parody in F'd Up Malt Liquor. During an "I'm Chillin'" sketch, Chris Rock's character gives a shout out to a new sponsor. "I'd like to give a shout out to a new sponsor, F'ed Up Malt Liquor! That's right, F'ed Up Malt Liquor. The cold, bold taste of F'ed Up Malt Liquor will do just that, get you F'ed Up. And remember...the F Stands for FIRE."
On the Dave Chapelle Show they did a spoof of a tampon commercial sayin Jay-Z is makin everything now, even vodka (Armadale). The commercial was of Roca Pads (like Jay-Z's clothing line Roca Wear, or Rocafella Records). To show the absorbing power they poured a 40oz onto the tampon and it said Leading 40oz Brand.
In the video game Deus Ex you can drink Cold Sweat 40oz, which blurs your vision. The description in your inventory says "COLD SWEAT forty ounce malt liquor. Never let 'em see your COLD SWEAT."!
Photo 1, 2
Dead Gringo malt liquor, by Aztlan Nation, is supposedly what a malt liquor commercial would sound like if it was geared towards white suburbia. Here's some lyrics from the commercial: "Twist the cap as I bust this rap. Dead Gringo Malt Liquor has a taste that's phat. But you won't find it in a barrio or ghetto. Dead Gringo Malt Liquor is just for the wettos Rednecks, yuppies and skinheads love to toss back a 40 and chug-a-lug."
On an episode of MAD TV, there was a skit featuring Queen Latifah where some guy was hitting on her at a bar. She was holding a 40 called 40 Dog Beer or something like that. The bar charged her $6.50 for the one 40!
In the Jedi Mind Tricks music video for "I Who Have Nothing" (off their full-length "The Psycho Social Biological
Electro Magnetic Manipulation Of Human Conciousness"), there are a couple scenes with 40s with their album cover as the label!
Click here to see more shots with 40s: shot 1, shot 2, another close-up of label
Blaze Ya Dead Homie (aka, Colton Grundy Tha Undying) is an ICP affiliate rapper with an undead gangsta rapper gimmick. Peep his Formaldehyde 40oz! This image also appears on the cover of his limited mp3 album entitled "Dead Body Man". To see the full image with Blaze in the shot, click here! Tha Undying 40oz is an image taken from his website!
Wave Twisters is a 2 hour long cartoon made by DJ Q-bert & is animation set to his scratching. At the end, they have a party and everyone gets wasted on Ide's St 40's while teaching Lego people the culture of hip-hop! Other screen shots: 1, 2
Red Lion is an image designed to be used on a 40oz prop for an unknown movie.
Olde Fortran is an obvious parody of the classic Olde English 800, and is Bender's favorite beverage in Futurama!
This Das EFX 40oz image was used in their first video "They Want EFX" off of their first album, "Dead Serious".
In the movie Havoc they can be seen drinking what appears to be 40s of Avilen (?)
In Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Dr. Evil drinks from a St. Vitus 40oz & then pours a little out for his homies, before gettin it on with Frau Farbissina after drinking the mojo he stole from Austin!
In Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for the Sony PSP, on a couple of the radio stations, there's a commercial for Chateau de Puff (or something like that) where a guy wants to buy a drink for a girl but she refuses it by saying, "Keep that 40oz malt liquor out of me, I need some real romance". Then it goes to one of those deep commercial voices telling about the joys of Chateau de Puff, such as how cheap it is but it is still european and by serving it to your date, it makes you look "instantly civilized" and gets your date "shitfaced and sorry in no time"!
In Hot Shots Part Deux Saddam Hussein has Olde Iraqi 800 40s in his fridge!
The music video for "Soccer Mom" by D-Tension has plenty of ho's & Milf 40s bein swilled! Other screen caps: 1, 2
Custer Bourbon is a fake print ad parodying (in a negative light) the Crazy Horse & James Bowie 40s!
Frizzo, a rapper outta Detroit, has a music video called "Official" where he swills some Frizzo 40oz malt liquor at the beginning! More screen caps: 1, 2
Spongebob Squarepants malt liquor was featured on the Conan O'Brien show!
Original 40oz malt liquor was magically produced by the White Bitch in Epic Movie!
In F.E.A.R. for the Playstation 3, you can find Old Bum 40s, as well as parodies of Krylon & WD-40! [Screenshot]
On an old episode of In Living Color they did a skit featuring St. I.V.'s 40s, which had people walking down the street with 40s attached to an I.V. running through their arms!
In season 2 of The Simpsons, during an episode entitled "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish", Homer drinks a Duff 40oz while eating poisonous blowfish at the sushi place! You can't tell exactly what the label says, but it's definitely a Duff brand!
In Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror movie, a guy slips in the puddle of malt liquor he poured out for his dead homie and falls face first onto his 40! He then comes back to life as a zombie, with the 40 still stuck in his face! More screep caps: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
In the new movie The Comebacks someone drinks from a big 40oz can!
In 2008, Beavis and Butthead appeared during the MTV Jackass 24 Take Over. In the clip, Beavis and Butthead were watching Steve-O's music video for "Poke That Puss" and commenting. When Beavis suggests that they might like this video better if they were black, in a dream sequence, Butthead imagines themselves as being black, Butthead being "Blackhead" drinking a 40oz bottle of malt liquor and Beavis being "Ceavis", making pseudo-intellectual comments about racial equality.
In Grand Theft Auto IV there is a scene showing some fine upstanding citizens playing a nice game of dominoes. On the table is a 40oz bottle representing the classic OE800 with ghetto wine MD 20/20 parody thrown in. Its name is illegible, but looks close to Ole Bentley.
In the Youngbloodz music video for U Way there is a parody commercial for a sports drink called Bolt 45. The slogan is "Get Slizzard With It"!
In the Adult Swim show Firsky Dingo there was a 40oz called Ta'Quil's! Check out another screen shot here!
Beer 40 appeared in a parody skit of Fandango on the Adult Swim show Robot Chicken. The bag puppets are talking about how they snuck 40s into Sense and Sensability!
Anaconda appears in the 2009 movie Black Dynamite, which pokes fun of the old blaxploitation films of the '70s. When “The Man” murders his brother, pumps heroin into local orphanages, and floods the ghetto with adulterated malt liquor, Black Dynamite is the one hero willing to fight all the way from the blood-soaked city streets to the hallowed halls of the Honky House. (Thanks out to Robin Salter for the photo! The 40 pictured was actually a promotional giveaway at the Sundance Film Festival!)
Beer 40oz bottles in an episode of American Dad entitled "May the Best Stan Win"!
Bruz & 40ozMaltLiquor.com in the Media
- 4/20/10: Fox 9 News, Minneapolis, MN ("Expert Explains Risks of Fruity 'Blast'")
- 8/4/10: Vice Magazine: www.viceland.com
- 5/2009: Beyond Visible "For One Moment" music video
- 3/23/09: The Boom Bap Show (www.HearNewBrunswick.com)
- 10/2007: Money Jungle zine #1
- 5/2007: Universol "Heavy Metal" music video
- 10/01/06: Weird NJ (issue #27)
- 9/22/06: Keith and The Girl (podcast #352 "Jackasses")
- July/Aug '06: Imbibe (issue #2, "The Cult of Beer")
- 1/22/06: The Sunday Paper ("Forty-ounce brews revisited")
- 11/18/05: Wall Street Journal ("Malt Liquor's Moment")
- 11/10/05: Jayplay (Kansas University publication)
- 9/01/05: Honest Mag
- 6/08/05: River Front Times
- 5/01/05: Vintage Gear Addicts online article
- 2004: The Big Book of Beer (by Duane Swierczynski, Quirk Books)
- Oct/Nov '03: Yellow Rat Bastard (issue #35)
- 8/28/03: TechTV ("Unscrewed with Martin Sargent")
- 8/03: Elemental Magazine (issue #50)
- 12/02: The Morning X radio show (KROX FM in Austin TX)
- 7/13/02: Edmonton Journal ("The Malt Liquor Experience")
Other Movies with 40s
- 3 Strikes (Steel Reserve 211)
- The 40 Year Old Virgin
- 8 Mile
- Above the Rim
- Alpha Dog (St. Ides)
- American History X
- American Me
- American Pie: The Naked Mile
- Basketball Diaries (photo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Beer Wars
- Big Money Hustlers (Colt 45)
- Board Heads (Colt 45 wide mouth)
- Booty Call
- Boys N' The Hood (St. Ides)
- The Brave One
- The Breaks
- Bringing Down the House
- Bubble Boy (Olde English 800)
- Bullet (Budweiser)
- Bully (photo 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Bumfights: Cause For Concern, Vol. 1 (photo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Cabin Fever
- Candyman ("40oz Rule '90" graff)
- Candyman 2: Farewell to the Flesh
- Can't Hardly Wait
- Choices (photo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Class Act
- Crackhouse (Olde English 800)
- C-Walk: It's A Way Of Livin'
- Dazed and Confused
- Down to You
- FBM Bike Co. "Albert Street"
- FBM Bike Co. "All Time Low"
- Fear of a Black Hat
- First Time Felon
- First Sunday
- Frisky Dingo ("Penultimate Fighting")
- Fubar - The Movie
- Gang Tapes
- Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
- Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay
- Harsh Times
- Heaven is a Playground
- He Got Game
- Highway (photo 1, 2)
- Hot Boyz (Olde English)
- House Party
- I Got the Hook Up
- I'm Bout It
- Jackass: The Movie (photo 1, 2, 3)
- Jason's Lyric
- Jungle Fever (Olde English 800)
- Kids (photo 1, 2, 3)
- Kill Bill Vol. II (Canada Dry 40oz)
- Kingpin (Budweiser)
- Laws of Gravity
- Livin' Tha Life (Olde English 800)
- Losing Isaiah (Budweiser)
- Lowrider Weekend
- MacArthur Park
- Malibu's Most Wanted (Olde English 800)
- MP Da Last Don
- My Baby's Daddy
- New Jack City
- New Jersey Drive
- Now Eat
- NRSV-HCTV (No Redeeming Social Value)
- N.W.H. (Niggas With Hats)
- Out Cold
- Party Animalz
- Play'd: A Hip Hop Story (VH1, 2003)
- Poetic Justice
- Pootie Tang
- The Price of the American Dream
- Rhyme & Reason
- The Ring
- Road Dogz
- Rocky Balboa (Hurricane & Budweiser, photo 1, 2, 3)
- Scary Movie 3 (Coors Light)
- Set It Off (King Cobra)
- Skins (Colt 45)
- SLC Punk
- Slippin': Ten Years With the Bloods (64oz Olde English 800)
- Sorority Boys
- Soul Plane (Colt 45)
- South Central (photo 1, 2)
- Speedway Junky
- The Story of Earl the Goat
- Strapped (Olde English)
- Sucker Free City (Bomb 40oz parody)
- Sunset Park
- Swingers (Budweiser)
- Training Day
- True Life: I'm Going to Rehab (Mickey's)
- Undefeated (Budweiser 40oz ad)
- Undercover Brother
- Urban Legends: Bloody Mary
- The Wackness
- The Warriors (photo 1, 2)
- The Wash
- Wassup Rockers (Magnum)
- Watermelon Woman
- Welcome to Death Row
- White Boyz
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Who's The Man
Other TV shows with 40s
- 2006 VH1 Hip Hop Honors: Eazy-E Tribute
- Above the Influence (TV commercial)
- Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Bangin' in Little Rock (HBO, 1995)
- Best Week Ever (VH1, May 2004 ~ Olde English 800)
- Big Urban Myth Show (MTV)
- The Boondocks ("Eff Grandad")
- Breaking Bad (photo 1, 2)
- Bud Bowl 3 (photo 1, 2)
- Cheaters (Magnum)
- Case Files (old Crazy Horse)
- Colbert Report
- Conan O'Brien (Olde English 800 w/ Martha Stewart)
- Conan O'Brien (Olde English 800 w/ Will Ferrel)
- Conan O'Brien ("Running With Scissors" skit)
- Cops (Olde English 64oz)
- Cops (Ft. Worth, TX - Bud Ice)
- Cops (Los Angeles, CA - 1993/1994)
- Crank Yankers
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Laura Bush & St. Ides)
- Dave Chapelle Show
- David Letterman (Colt 45)
- Doggy Fizzle Televizzle ("The Braided Bunch" skit)
- Doggy Fizzle Televizzle ("Cap'n Pimp" skit)
- Doggy Fizzle Televizzle ("The Doggfather Confessions" skit)
- Driven (Kid Rock ~ Budweiser & Miller High Life)
- The Fabulous Life (Justin Timberlake ~ Miller Genuine Draft)
- Food Fight - "Beer Buddies vs Wine Guys" (Budweiser, photo 1, 2)
- Food Fight - "Sass vs Class"
- Fraternity Life 2
- Grand Avenue (HBO, June/July 1996)
- Heineken commercial
- Intervention (photo 1, 2, 3)
- Jimmy Glick in Lalaland
- John Henson Project (January 2004)
- John Stewart (Colt 45)
- Kendra (Mickey's)
- Knights of Prosperity
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (airdate: 1/23/10)
- Late Show with David Letterman (Colt 45)
- Law & Order: SVU
- Lucky Louie (photo 1, 2)
- MAD TV (Budweiser)
- Making the Band 2 (Season 3, Episode 7)
- The Man Show
- Methodman & Redman's Stung
- MTV Cribs (Simon Rex)
- My Name is Earl
- Ocean Force: Huntington Beach, OC (Magnum)
- Queer Eye For The Straight Guy
- Random 1 (Natural Ice: photo 1, 2)
- The Real World (Mickey's: photo 1, 2)
- Reno 911 (green Olde English 800)
- Saturday Night Live (Ballantine Ale, "Happy Ballantine's Day" skit)
- Saturday Night Live (Colt 45, w/Jimmy Fallon & Drew Barrymore)
- The Simpsons ("Kill the Alligator and Run", original airdate 4/30/00)
- The Sopranos (season 1, episode 9: "Boca")
- Sorority Sisters 2
- South Park (season 7, episode 2: "Krazy Kripples")
- Steve-O: The Rise and Demise (Steel Reserve 211)
- Street Gangs: A Secret History (The History Channel)
- The Broken (an online show)
- The Case Files Of Henry Lee (old Crazy Horse)
- The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (Olde English 800)
- To Serve And Protect (Black Bull)
- Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn
- Trailer Park Boys (photo 1, 2, 3)
- True Blood (photo 1, 2)
- Unscrewed With Martin Sargent
- Walker, Texas Ranger ("Test of Faith")
- Without A Trace
- Wonder Showzen
The classic St. Ides commercials
- EPMD & Ice Cube ~ "East Meets West Malt Liquor"
- Eric B & Rakim ~ "Real Men's Drink"
- Erick Sermon ~ "40 oz Or a Can"
- E-Swift & King Tee ~ "Let's Have Some St. Ides"
- Geto Boys ~ "My Malt's Playin' Tricks On Me"
- Geto Boys & Cube ~ "5th Ward/South Central Malt"
- Ice Cube ~ "Crooked I For All Ages"
- Ice Cube ~ "Jackin for Malt Liquor"
- Ice Cube ~ "We don't Want No 8-ball"
- Ice Cube ~ "Wish They'd Come Up With a 12-Pak"
- Ice Cube & Dj Pooh ~ "All I Want For Christmas"
- Ice Cube & Dj Pooh ~ "Blind Fold Test"
- Ice Cube, DJ Pooh, & E-Swift ~ "S.T. Crooked I.D.E"
- Ice Cube & King Tee ~ "Get Your Girl In The Mood Quicker"
- King Tee ~ "Do You Wanna Go To The Liquor Store?"
- King Tee ~ "St. Ides"
- King Tee & DJ Pooh ~ "Forty Ounce Fit For a King"
- King Tee & DJ Pooh ~ "Tha Bomb Malt Liquor"
- King Tee & E-Swift ~ "Do Ya Like St. Ides?"
- Kool G Rap, DJ Pooh & Sir Jinx ~ "Getta Grip, Take A Sip"
- MC Eiht ~ "The Brew Took Me Unda"
- Nate Dogg ~ "Drank Anthem"
- Rakim ~ "Get Some"
- Scarface ~ "Drankin Toon"
- Snoop Doggy Dogg ~ "Dogg Food n Drank"
- Snoop Doggy Dogg ~ "St Ides in the LBC"
- Souls of Mischief ~ "93 Til Infinity"
- Warren G ~ "When We Sippin' On Tha Brew"
- Wu Tang Clan ~ "Shaolin Brew"
- Yo Yo & Ice Cube ~ "Femalt Liquor"
- Yo Yo & King Tee ~ "You Need A Six-Pack"
Other Music Videos with 40s
- 2Pac ~ "Brenda's Got A Baby"
- 2Pac ~ "If My Homie Calls"
- 2Pac ~ "I Get Around"
- 2Pac ~ "Pour Out Some Liquor"
- 2Pac ~ "Trapped"
- 2Pac & McBreed ~ "I Gotta Get Mine"
- Aesop Rock ~ "No Jumper Cables"
- Assorted Jellybeans ~ "No Time"
- Baby ~ "What Happened To That Boy"
- Bloods & Crips ~ "Wish You Were Here"
- Bong-Ra ~ "666 MPH"
- Bong-Ra ~ "Can You Dig This?"
- The Casualties ~ "Nightmare"
- Celly Cel ~ "Its Goin' Down Tonight"
- Cinema Beer Te compilation (64oz Olde English 800)
- Common Sense ~ "I Used To Love H.E.R."
- Coolio ~ "Fantastic Voyage"
- D12 ~ "40oz" (photo 1, 2, 3)
- D12 ~ "How Come"
- Damien ~ "J'essaye D'arreter"
- Dark Side Crooks ~ "Neva Comin Down" (photo 1, 2, 3)
- Dark Side Crooks ~ "Nuthin' But The DSC" (photo 1, 2, 3)
- Dark Side Crooks (f/ The Rich Pezzantz) ~ "Smoke & Drank"
- Das EFX ~ "They Want EFX"
- DJ Quik ~ "Tonite" (photo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Dr. Dre ~ "Dre Day"
- Dr. Dre ~ "Let Me Ride"
- Dr. Dre f/Snoop Dogg ~ "Ain't Nothin' But A G Thang"
- D.R.S. ~ "Gangsta Lean"
- E-40 ~ "1 Luv"
- Eminem ~ "Crack a Bottle"
- Fall Out Boy ~ "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race"
- The Game ~ "Dreams"
- Geto Boys ~ "Yes Yes All" (photo 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Good Charlotte ~ "Girls and Boys"
- Green Day ~ "Jesus of Suburbia" (photo 1, 2)
- Hollywood Undead ~ "No. 5"
- Ice Cube ~ "It Was A Good Day"
- Ja Rule ~ "Clap Back"
- Elton John ~ "Answer In The Sky"
- Kid Rock ~ "Roll On"
- Kottonmouth Kings ~ "Think 4 Yourself"
- Ludacris ~ "Diamond In The Back" (photo 1, 2)
- Master P ~ "Gutta Time"
- MC Breed f/2Pac ~ "Gotta Get Mine"
- MC Eiht ~ "Tha Hood Is Mine"
- Method Man ~ "Bring The Pain"
- Minimal Impact ~ "The Mighty Stephen Hawking" (online Flash video w/Colt 45)
- MOD ~ "Wigga" (photo 1, 2)
- Obie Trice ~ "Don't Come Down"
- Offspring ~ "Defy You"
- Ol Dirty Bastard ~ "Brooklyn Zoo"
- Onyx ~ "Da Nex Niguz"
- RBL Posse ~ "Bammer Weed"
- Snoop Doggy Dogg ~ "Gin & Juice"
- Thug Life ~ "Pour Out A Little Liquor"
- Tiltwheel ~ "Another Sappy Song About Hate" (photo 1, 2, 3)
- The Unicorns ~ "Jellybones" (photo 1, 2)
- Wax Philosophic ~ "Pomesumoe"
- Weird Al Yankovic ~ "White & Nerdy"
- West Coast Bad Boyz ~ "Pop Lockin'"
- Westside Connection f/Knoc-turn'Al ~ "Lights Out"
- Wu Tang Clan ~ "Can It Be All So Simple"
- Wu Tang Clan ~ "Method Man"
- Wu Tang Clan ~ "C.R.E.A.M."
- Young Black Teenagers ~ "Tap The Bottle"
- Young Buck ~ "Let Me In"
Other Radio shows that mentioned 40s
- "40's and Flapjacks" (98Rock in Baltimore, MD)
- "AM Mayhem" (Hot 98.7 FM, in Santa Rosa CA, weekly 15 minute segment reviewing 40s)
- Bob Freeman Show
- "The Don & Mike Show" (w/rapper 'Mista 40')
- "The Drake & Zeke Show" (ROCK 103 FM, in Memphis TN, talk about drinking 40s)
- "The Howard Stern Show" (KROCK FM in NY, Big Black drank a 40 during "Black Jeopardy", 7/14/00)
Other Magazine, Book, & Newspaper articles & ads with 40s
- 40oz Crew member PhivePointOhhh & his collection featured in a trucker's magazine
- Alkaholiks - "An Alkaholik Party" (old article)
- Bum Rush the Page: A Def Poetry Jam ("For What It's Worth", p.63, by Benjamin Theolonius)
- Busta Rhymes bodyguard death memorial, 2/7/06
- Club International, June 2002, p.34, Sunrise Adams & another girl w/40s
- Complex, 6/2009: Asher Roth
- Complex, 4/2009
- Complex, June/July 2005 (Dogfish Head Liquor de Malt)
- D12 World ad
- FHM, Cypress Hill interview
- FHM, May 2001, "The Best of the Worst" (reviewed Mickeys, OE, Colt 45, & St Ides Premium)
- Forty Ouncer (by Kurt Zapata)
- Junkman's Daughter magazine ad
- Maxim, ad
- Message 'N A Bottle, Vol. 1: The 40oz Scandal (by Alfred "Coach" Powell)
- Message 'N A Bottle, Vol. 2: The Scandal Continues (by Alfred "Coach" Powell)
- Modern Drunkard, March 2003, "40 Ounces of Fury!"
- Morning 40 Federation show flyer
- NCAA GameBreaker 2004 (989 Sports) ad
- On The Go (cover)
- On The Go: The Alkaholiks interview (page 1, 2)
- Stuff, issue #13, p.34, "Got Me a 40" w/Uncle Kracker
- Stuff, issue #33, p.64, photo of a Mummy w/40
- Stuff ("Bikini Bandits")
- US Magazine (Good Charlotte & "a 40 of H20")
- XXL, issue #62, Jadakiss article (photo 1, 2)
- XXL, May 2004, issue #58, p.78, Cash Kola interview